Homes FAQ

Our most frequently asked questions and answers.

You can pay via cash or card at our Home office. We can also take payments over the phone and you can set up a standing order from your bank account.

Pop into our office, call us on 0191 691 4137, use our form on our contact page or email us:

Yes! We accept applicants on Universal Credit.

Talk to us! We are here to help. We will be able to signpost you to debt advice agency that can help you manage your monies.

Yes – but you are responsible for any damage caused by pets. This could include treatment of any lice or fleas in the property, damage from scratching or chewing, any stains and odour.

Unfortunately we don’t have the capacity to store furniture, but check out our Workshop – we have lots of donated kitchen items and nick-nacks for your home.

Come into our office and fill in an application form! A member of staff will be happy to help with any queries. 

Yes tenants are allowed to decorate the property, we just ask that you use matte emulsion paint and return it to neutral colours if you move out. We ask tenants not to paint the woodwork or radiators.

We offer a deposit payment plan, whereby you can pay half and the rest must be paid within the first 6 months of your tenancy. We also work with organisations such as the local council, Oasis Community Housing and Centrepoint who may be able to help.

You must give us 4 weeks notice in writing by post or email is fine.

Our Strategic Objectives

Back on the Map work to make Hendon a place of opportunity to live, work and thrive, by creating;

Our Core Values

A little insight into what is important to us here at Back on the Map;