Our Work During
Whilst we know you can’t come to us , we have plans to reach out to you! We are preparing a whole host of home activity packs and kits, including home crafts, wordwork, sewing, story bags… watch this space.We have continued to provide essential crisis support throughout the pandemic, responding to residents’ needs. We are still asking those who can to wear masks inside our building’s and observe social distancing. Most social activities have resumed and our team are working on an exciting new programme coming September.
Our initial response to Covid was to continue to provide core services and emergency repairs to our tenants and the wider community. Since March 2020 we have;
- Made thousands of social/welfare calls every week to people with no family and limited support networks. The list is growing every week so if you’d like a call let us know.
- Set up on-line social groups such as activity based Facebook groups, virtual coffee mornings and quizzes thanks to our wonderful volunteers (find out more on our Facebook page).
- Made hundreds of calls every week to our tenants
- Fast-tracked and paid for Universal Credit/benefits advice appointments for those who have lost their jobs, been furloughed or are experiencing financial difficulties
- Set up payment plans for all BotM tenants who are struggling to pay their rent.
- Bought and delivered shopping and some hot meals to our most vulnerable/shielding residents in partnership with local traders HJ’s and local community groups.
- Referred over 55s to Age UK for additional help with their weekly shop, also worked in partnership with CAB to enable tenants to access food banks.
Help us, help you, stay connected #COVID19
You will find a wide range of information regarding Coronavirus on the following links;
Our Strategic Objectives
Back on the Map works in the heart of the community to empower the people of Hendon to build;
Our Core Values
A little insight into what is important to us here at Back on the Map;