Working Through COVID-19
Whilst we know you can’t come to us , we have plans to reach out to you! We are preparing a whole host of home activity packs and kits, including home crafts, wordwork, sewing, story bags… watch this space.
Community & Housing Update
Our community will still see our BotM vans and maintenance team in Hendon and the East End and our tenants and service users can find us at the end of the phone.
Our offices will be closed to the public as of Monday 5th January 2021.
Our staff are still working hard on the front line to support the local community. Following the recent lockdown announcement Back on the Map can provide the following ‘face to face’ activities, classed as essential services.
Carnegie Community Corner
- Net Zone – We offer computer access to help with online shopping, online prescriptions, Universal Credit commitments to those in financial hardship. Only by triaged and by prior appointment.
- Food Provision – The Workshop will be open on a Friday morning for residents to collect bags of food from Forage Community Project CIC. The Forage provides food bags to those in need at a cost of £5. Bags need to be booked in advance and you will need an appointment time for collection.
Outreach & Digital Services
Where you can’t come to us, we’ll bring our service to you so you can stay home and stay safe.
- Home Activity Packs – Our Community Team is busy preparing a range of activity packs that can be enjoyed at home, ranging from family craft to woodwork and lots in between.
- Online Activities – We are putting together a digital programme to enable residents to interact with other members while we are in lockdown and isolated. Those who take part will receive an activity pack. Keep checking the page for more information.
- Emotional Support – We can offer specialist support for those in dealing with relationship breakdowns, bereavement, Covid anxieties or loneliness.
- Financial Support – Back on the Map can provide free telephone advice and support with job loss, Universal Credit, other benefits, debt and rent arrears.
Crisis Support – We can assist Hendon residents at crisis point and can support you with emergency shopping, emergency utilities and crisis baby supplies.
Our tenants rely on us for a safe and secure home, so we will continue to operate services in a COVID Secure way. To keep our staff, tenants and residents safe;
- Our housing offices will be closed to the public from Tuesday 5th January 2021 until Lockdown restrictions are lifted.
- Our homes for rent will be advertised on our website and social media platforms.
- You can still apply for a property via our website
- Virtual viewings will be available (or, where safe to do so, socially distanced)
- We will continue to collect rent by telephone.
- If you are struggling to pay your rent, please discuss this with our team.
- We will contact our most vulnerable tenants to check on their welfare
- You can still report routine repairs and we will prioritise and schedule works after lockdown restrictions are lifted.
- Our Emergency out of hours repairs service will continue
- We will continue to carry out legal obligated safety checks for gas and electricity
- We will continue to complete new home refurbishments to bring more empty homes back into use.
Our initial response to Covid was to continue to provide core services and emergency repairs to our tenants and the wider community. Since March 2020 we have;
- Made thousands of social/welfare calls every week to people with no family and limited support networks. The list is growing every week so if you’d like a call let us know.
- Set up 7 on-line social settings such as activity based Facebook groups, virtual coffee mornings and quizzes thanks to our wonderful volunteers (find out more on our Facebook page).
- Made hundreds of calls every week to our tenants
- Fast-tracked and paid for Universal Credit/benefits advice appointments for those who have lost their jobs, been furloughed or are experiencing financial difficult.
- Set up payment plans for all BotM tenants who are struggling to pay their rent.
- Bought and delivered shopping and some hot meals to our most vulnerable/shielding residents in partnership with local traders HJ’s and local community groups.
- Referred over 55s to Age UK for additional help with their weekly shop, also worked in partnership with CAB to enable tenants to access food banks.
Help us, help you, stay #COVID19
You will find a wide range of information regarding Coronavirus on the following links;
Our Strategic Objectives
Back on the Map works in the heart of the community to empower the people of Hendon to build;
Our Core Values
A little insight into what is important to us here at Back on the Map;