Working Through COVID-19
Whilst we know you can’t come to us , we have plans to reach out to you! We are preparing a whole host of home activity packs and kits, including home crafts, wordwork, sewing, story bags… watch this space.
Our community will still see our BotM vans and maintenance team in Hendon and the East End and our tenants and service users can find us at the end of the phone.
Welfare calls and virtual meetings for our service users
Telephone debt, welfare and financial advice is still available if you have been impacted financially. Call 0191 514 9063 to arrange an appointment
Socially Distanced Forage Food Collection Point at The Workshop will continue on Friday mornings
Vacant properties will be marketed via our website and social media pages
Virtual viewings will be available and socially distanced viewings where possible
Periodic home safety checks (including CP12s) will continue. Our team will be in touch with you if your home is due any testing
Our property refurbs will continue in empty properties
Emergency & Urgent repairs will continue. Please call 0758 391 5526 to make a repair request or email email@example.com. Our team will only enter properties if the environment meets our risk assessment criteria
Staff will continue to follow our strict Covid risk assessments and will be adhering to social distancing and wearing a face covering when working in tenants homes
Our initial response to Covid was to continue to provide core services and emergency repairs to our tenants and the wider community. Throughout March – July 2020, when we reopened our centre, we;
- Made thousands of social/welfare calls every week to people with no family and limited support networks. The list is growing every week so if you’d like a call let us know.
- Set up 7 on-line social settings such as activity based Facebook groups, virtual coffee mornings and quizzes thanks to our wonderful volunteers (find out more on our Facebook page).
- Made hundreds of calls every week to our tenants
- Fast-tracked and paid for Universal Credit/benefits advice appointments for those who have lost their jobs, been furloughed or are experiencing financial difficult.
- Set up payment plans for all BotM tenants who are struggling to pay their rent.
- Bought and delivered shopping and some hot meals to our most vulnerable/shielding residents in partnership with local traders HJ’s and local community groups.
- Referred over 55s to Age UK for additional help with their weekly shop, also worked in partnership with CAB to enable tenants to access food banks.
Help us, help you, stay #COVID19
You will find a wide range of information regarding Coronavirus on the following links;
Our Strategic Objectives
Back on the Map works in the heart of the community to empower the people of Hendon to build;
Our Core Values
A little insight into what is important to us here at Back on the Map;