Working Through COVID-19
The health and safety of our tenants, service users, staff, volunteers and the wider community is really important to us. We have been following both the Government and the NHS’s guidance on how we should be responding to Coronavirus.
In the light of this advice, we decided that, from Tuesday 17th March 2020 we should suspend all face-to-face services to people, including all Carnegie Community Corner groups and activities.
*Infographic as of 03/07/20
In the weeks that have passed we have continued to provide core services and emergency repairs to our tenants and have also;
- Made thousands of social/welfare calls every week to people with no family and limited support networks. The list is growing every week so if you’d like a call let us know.
- Set up 7 on-line social settings such as activity based Facebook groups, virtual coffee mornings and quizzes thanks to our wonderful volunteers (find out more on our Facebook page).
- Made hundreds of calls every week to our tenants
- Fast-tracked and paid for Universal Credit/benefits advice appointments for those who have lost their jobs, been furloughed or are experiencing financial difficult.
- Set up payment plans for all BotM tenants who are struggling to pay their rent.
- Bought and delivered shopping and some hot meals to our most vulnerable/shielding residents in partnership with local traders HJ’s and local community groups.
- Referred over 55s to Age UK for additional help with their weekly shop, also worked in partnership with CAB to enable tenants to access food banks.
Help us, help you, stay #COVID19
You will find a wide range of information regarding Coronavirus on the following links;
Our Strategic Objectives
Back on the Map works in the heart of the community to empower the people of Hendon to build;
Our Core Values
A little insight into what is important to us here at Back on the Map;