on the Map
The Community Homes on the Map Enabler Hub will provide face-to-face support to local
groups who want to provide community led housing. The Hub will offer peer support, technical
support, links with specialist suppliers and advice on best practice sharing.
- Community led housing is where local people join together to look at housing issues in their local area.
- This starts with the community identifying what is needed, such as there aren’t enough starter homes for people to buy, there are too may empty properties or that there aren’t enough affordable homes to rent.
- The community can then play a leading role in solving these housing problems by exploring the needs of their community and helping to provide new homes in the area.
How we can help…
- Give you advice on how to set up a community led housing group.
- Help you find the right people in your area to join the project.
- Help you access funding and support for the project.
- Link you with our teams and partners who will be able to offer advice on your project and help you meet our community’s needs.
For any enquiries please contact
0191 691 4136
Our Strategic Objectives
Back on the Map work to make Hendon a place of opportunity to live, work and thrive, by creating;
Our Core Values
A little insight into what is important to us here at Back on the Map;