THIS PROGRAMME IS NOW CLOSED FOR APPLICATIONS
#Fourteen was a programme of The Spirit of 2012 Trust; a body established by the Big Lottery Fund as part of the Olympics legacy. Spirit's aims are to enable people to take an active part in their communities through sport, art and cultural activity, education and volunteering and by doing so to improve their own lives and those of others. There are 14 communities across the UK that are benefitting from the programme. The Community Foundation Tyne & Wear and Northumberland is managing the programme in the Hendon and Ryhope wards of Sunderland and they administer large grants between £15,000 and £50,000.
The overall funding theme for small grants is Connecting Communities through providing opportunities for individuals to engage and actively contribute in their community, ensuring people are proud of the place they live and are confident in making friends.
- The local priority for the programme is Social Action and Volunteering. All applications will be assessed as to how they meet this priority and the national outcome of Connecting Communities
- Funding must primarily benefit residents of the Hendon or Ryhope ward
- Priority will be given to organisations based within the Hendon or Ryhope ward. Any applicant organisation that is based outside of this area must demonstrate that residents from within the area are the primary beneficiaries
- It is preferred that funded activity takes place within the ward or the wider Sunderland area. However, there may be exceptions where activity has to take place outside of the ward, such as outward bound activities and these will be taken into account on a case by case basis.
Local Grants Panel
A Panel of local residents and delivery partners was formed in each ward to decide which applications will receive funding, to ensure all grants reflect local need and offer good value for money.
Hendon Ward Panel;
- Jen McKevitt - Back on the Map Trust Director & Panel Chairperson
- Hazel Clark - Resident Representative & Back on the Map Chair
- Jenny Ganning - Resident Representative, Back on the Map Volunteer & member of the Crafty Knitters Club
- Lynne Swanson - Resident Representative & Back on the Map Trustee
- MoBasha Khan - Resident Representative & Hendon Film Club Community Cinema
- Fred Fowler - Resident Representative, Local Artist & Hendon Social Art Club Volunteer
- Bev Webb - Resident Representative, Back on the Map Volunteer & member of the Crafty Knitters Club
- Christine Stephens - Resident Representative
- Glenda Meldrum - Resident Representative
Ryhope Ward Panel;
- Paula Hunt - Resident Representative & Ryhope Community Association
- Susan Ferguson - Blue Watch Youth Project
- Joe Lemon - Resident Representative & Seaview Angling Club
- Bobby Surtees - Resident Representative & Seaview Angling Club
- Ian Lawrence - Resident Representative & Ryhope Cricket Club
- Margaret Parkin - Resident Representative & Ryhope Over 60's Friendship Club
- David Robinson - Resident Representative & Ryhope Colliery Welfare Football Team