T: 0191 514 7844
E: enquiries@backonthemap.org


Q.  Does Back on the Map still exist?

A.  Yes, we are now a registered Charity rather than a government funded New Deal for Communities organisation. We are still based in the Hendon ward at Carnegie Community Corner on Villette Road. Find out more about what we do on the About Us page.

Q. What services does Back on the Map provide at Carnegie Community Corner?

A. We offer a number of services including; public access PC's with high speed internet access free of charge for all rsidents. Photocopying and printing facilities at affordable prices, scanning facilities are also available, please ask at reception. We also have a Community Library where residents can borrow books without worrying about late fees and various meeting spaces available to hire for meetings and functions. We have a IT Suite which can accommodate 7 people comfortably, a private one to one room which are also available for hire.

Q. I'm a Back on the Map Tenant and need to report an emergency repair?

A. During office hours you can call us on 0191 514 7844, email us homes@backonthemap.org or call into Carnegie Community Corner.

Q. When is Carnegie Community Corner open?

A. The Hub is open Monday to Thursday 9:30am to 4:30pm and Fridays 9:30am to 3:30 pm. There are some out of office hours activites please check our What's On page for more information.

Q. How do I report Anti-Social Behaviour?

A. All new cases of Anti Social Behaviour must go through the Neighbourhood Helpline 0300 1000 101. The helpline is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and all calls will be treated in the strictest confidence. Once you have contacted the helpline, the case will be picked up by the allocated ASB Officer for the East Area. When you make a report you will be given a personal reference number and issued with diary sheets in order to record future incidents of ASB. From this point on you will work directly with the dedicated ASB Officer for the area to record and resolve the issues.

Always call 999 if there is any danger or risk to life or a crime is in progress. You can also contact Northumbria Police on 101 or text 07786 200 814 for non-emergencies.

Q.  Who do I ring if I find an area being used for fly tipping?

A. Contact Sunderland City Council on 0191 520 5503 to report fly tipping and litter.

Q. What is the schedule for Bin Collection in the Hendon ward?

A. Green Bins are collected weekly on Tuesdays, Blue & Brown Bins are collected alternate Fortnights on Tuesdays.